"The fishing at Big Hook is just outstanding. I have fished with Big Hook for 15 plus years. Cocos is my favorite lake by far...our party like the levels of the rapids. Just high enough if we wish to fish above them in a boat. No problem navigating with an abundance of water flowage. We often anchor and fish for hours. The northern bays have always produced 30 inch plus NP and lots over 40 inches, if we really go and hunt them. Steve runs a great outfitting biz. The cabins are updated every year with some new amenity. The new porch at Cocos is just fantastic. So is the equipment - boats and motors. I have been a repeat client for a decade plus. Give it a shot. Somehow I feel you will not be disappointed."
— J. Shanahan
Fed by the Sagawitchewan River , Cocos Lake provides over 12 miles of navigable waters. Several breathtaking rapids are located on the east and north ends of the lake, providing excellent fishing opportunities. Boats are able to navigate through the east rapids and this opens up 25 miles of river system to fish. This tea stained lake has superb trophy northern and walleye fishing with several excellent spots located within a quarter mile of the cabin. It can be noted that all the water from the Opasquia Provincial Park flows through Cocos Lake providing water depths of up to 80 ft! Numerous and large weed beds located in the Sagawitchewan river yield many 40+ inch pike. Abundant poplar growth surrounds a cabin-situated approx. 100 ft from the lake.
Species of Fish Available: Walleye, Northern
Portages: Navigable rapids open up 25 miles of waterways
Accommodates up to 8 people. The only cabin on the lake.
- 14' Lund boats with seats and 15 hp Yamaha 4 stroke motors
- life vests, fish nets and gas
- solar lights and solar refridgerator
- electric freezer, propane stove
- wood heater and on demand water pump
- complete cooking and eating utensils
- beds with foam mattress and pillows
- mid week fly-in camp check
- propane grill and fish cooker
- radio communication to main camp - Central Lake
- staple foods including: pork and beans, canned vegetables, peaches/pears, ice, powdered juice, jelly, onions, coffee, mustard, syrup, pancake mix, sugar, dry onion soup mix, potatoes, salt and pepper, lard or cooking oil, ketchup, scouring pads, dish washing soap, toilet paper and handi-wipes.