"I have been Walleye fishing for 32 years and I would have to say that South Lake is the most consistent producer for size and numbers of any lake I have fished. That is why I keep going back to South Lake year after year."
— Porter Group
South Lake is a long slender lake of 13 miles, always produces the largest walleye of Big Hook's outposts every year. This narrow body of water allow fisherman to avoid the wind and focus on the task at hand...Fishing of course. Several weed beds near the camp offer good northern fishing. Anglers will also find amazing walleye fishing within sight of camp. Windy points and shorelines are great places to catch your limit of walleye in minutes. South Lake is a walleye fisherman's dream body of water,known for sprawling rock reefs and deep holes. Average depth is 32' with areas of the lake reaching 75+' deep. One scenic rapids spills out the north end into Central Lake. A short walk to below the falls yields exciting walleye fishing and amazing photographs.
Species of Fish Available: Northern, Walleye
Portages: One, boat available
Accommodates up to 8 people. The only cabin on the lake.
Housekeeping package includes:
- 14' Lund boats with seats and 15 hp Yamaha 4 stroke motors
- life vests, fish nets and gas
- generated lights, fridge and freezer
- wood heater
- on demand solar water pump with hot and cold running water
- propane stove
- complete cooking and eating utensils
- beds with foam mattress and pillows
- propane grill and fish cooker
- mid week fly-in camp check
- radio communication to main camp - Central Lake
- staple foods including: pork and beans, canned vegetables, peaches/pears, ice, powdered juice, jelly, onions, coffee, mustard, syrup, pancake mix, sugar, dry onion soup mix, potatoes, salt and pepper, lard or cooking oil, ketchup, scouring pads, dish washing soap, toilet paper and handi-wipes.