WELCOME TO BIG HOOK WILDERNESS CAMPS’ MOST REMOTE OUTPOST…
Burnt Lake is Big Hook’s most remote outpost camp and our only location beyond the boundaries of Opasquia Provincial Park. Situated right along the Ontario / Manitoba border, Burnt Lake offers not only excellent northern and walleye angling, but also tremendous perch fishing. Several sand beaches line the shores of Burnt Lake where shore lunches and the viewing of beautiful sunsets take place. One set of rapids flows out on the north end of the lake providing excellent photo opportunities for bear and angling for walleye. Moose sightings and trophy pike are common at the creek draining into the south end of the lake. Burnt is our newest cabin (rebuilt after it ironically burnt down in a forest fire several years ago) and has arguably the best porch views of any of our locations.
Species of Fish Available:
- Northern Pike
Portages: 1, Sabourin Lake. Boat and motor available.
Burnt Lake accommodates up to 8 people and is the only cabin on the lake.
Housekeeping Package Includes:
- 14′ Lund boats with seats and 15 hp Yamaha 4 stroke motors
- life vests, boat safety kits, fishing nets and gas
- electric fridge and chest freezer
- propane stove and oven
- generator for power
- hot/cold running water via solar on-demand water pump
- wood heater
- complete kitchenware including cooking and eating utensils
- beds with foam mattress and pillows
- hot shower
- propane grill and fish cooker
- mid-week fly-in camp check
- satellite communication device (phone or messenger)
- staple foods including: canned beans/fruits/vegetables, potatoes, onions, pancake mix, syrup, powdered juice, jelly, sugar, ketchup, mustard, dry soup mix, salt and pepper, cooking oil, scouring pads, dishwashing soap, toilet paper, and ice