WELCOME TO BIG HOOK WILDERNESS CAMPS’ MOST SCENIC OUTPOST…
Cocos Lake is Big Hook’s most scenic outpost camp with several breathtaking rapids located at the east and north ends of the lake. In addition to their beauty, these rapids also provide excellent fishing opportunities for trophy sized Walleye and Northern Pike.
Fed by the Sagawitchewan River, Cocos Lake provides over 12 miles of shoreline. At most water levels, boats are able to navigate through the east rapids and this opens up 25 miles of river system to fish. This tea stained lake has superb trophy northern and walleye fishing with several hotspots located within a quarter mile of the cabin. It can be noted that all the water from the Opasquia Provincial Park flows through Cocos Lake providing water depths of up to 80 ft! Numerous and large weed beds located in the Sagawitchewan river yield many 40+ inch pike. Abundant poplar growth surrounds a cabin-situated approx. 100 ft from the lake.
Species of Fish Available
- Northern Pike
Portages: Navigable rapids open up 25 miles of waterways.
Cocos Lake accommodates up to 8 people and is the only cabin on the lake.
Housekeeping Package Includes:
- 14′ Lund boats with seats and 15 hp Yamaha 4 stroke motors
- life vests, boat safety kits, fishing nets and gas
- electric fridge and chest freezer
- propane stove and oven
- solar array with generator backup for power
- hot/cold running water via solar on-demand water pump
- wood heater
- complete kitchenware including cooking and eating utensils
- beds with foam mattress and pillows
- hot shower
- propane grill and fish cooker
- mid-week fly-in camp check
- satellite communication device (phone or messenger)
- staple foods including: canned beans/fruits/vegetables, potatoes, onions, pancake mix, syrup, powdered juice, jelly, sugar, ketchup, mustard, dry soup mix, salt and pepper, cooking oil, scouring pads, dishwashing soap, toilet paper, and ice